The LoveChain Pty Ltd ACN 631 780 786 (“LoveChain”) values your privacy and recognises the importance of privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal information and data. As an international social media platform that has a global reach, we are required to comply with various laws which provides for the fair handling of personal information and data, and sets standards for the collection, access, storage and use of personal information and data. Our policy for dealing with any personal information that you disclose to us and data that we collect is explained below.
It also reflects the rules set by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
What personal information and data does the LoveChain collect?
The type of personal information the Lovechain collects depends on the nature of your dealings with us and the reason for collecting it. Primarily we collect personal information and data that you provide whilst you use the LoveChain Platform and its Services.
Your use of the LoveChain and the Platform
The LoveChain collects personal information, data and other content from you when you use the Platform. This may include the following:
- personal information to create your account such as your name, address including the City and Country you live in, email address, username, password, areas of interest, telephone number, your credit card, debit card or bank account information;
- account preferences;
- content of messages between you and other users or communities,
- the content of information you post to the Platform such as text, photos, videos, graphics, sounds, music, scrips, links and images;
- details of your dealings with us; and
- any other information reasonably necessary to provide you with our Services and for you to use the Platform sufficiently.
Information regarding your purchase of products or services
If you purchase products or services from us, we will collect certain information from you such as:
- your name;
- address including the City and Country the products are to be delivered to;
- email address; and
- information about the product or service you are purchasing.
- your name;
- address the City and Country the products are to be delivered to;
- email address; and
- information about the product or service you are purchasing from the merchant partner.
You actively provide information and data to the LoveChain
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in contests, promotions, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
If you apply for a job with the LoveChain, you may provide us with certain information, including your name, employment and educational background, and other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
If you are a subscriber to our mailing list or newsletter, or attended an event or seminar organised by the LoveChain, we may collect your name, contact details, job title, areas of interest and details of your dealings with us.
If you have expressed an interest in our Whitepaper, or to become involved in the LoveChain or acquire tokens, then we will collect the following information from you so we are able to contact you and discuss these opportunities further with you:
- your name;
- address including the City and Country you live in;
- email address; and
- telephone number.
Generally the LoveChain does not collect sensitive information about you, such as health records, unless it is reasonably necessary for the purpose of providing you with legal advice or is otherwise permitted by law.
Information that the LoveChain may collect automatically
The LoveChain may collect non-personal identification information about users of the Platform. The information that may be collected is information about users whenever they interact with the Platform.
The LoveChain collects information about how you use our Platform and/or Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Platform, and what posts, videos and other content you upload, view or post on the Platform. We also collect information about how you use features of the Platform and/or Services.
The LoveChain may collect information from and about the computers, laptops, phones, tablets, connected TVs, watches and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Platform, and we combine this information across different devices that you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Platform and Services on your phone to better personalise the content (including advertisements) or features that you see when you use our Platform and Services on another device, such as your laptop or tablet, or to measure whether you took an action in response to an advertisement that the LoveChain showed you on your phone on a different device.
Information that the LoveChain may obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviours performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts that you use, and Family Device IDs (or other identifiers unique to the LoveChain Platform associated with the same device or account).
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons and mobile phone masts.
- Data from device settings: information that you allow us to receive through device settings that you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things such as help you stream a video from your phone to your television
Information from our merchant partners and other partners
Advertisers, app developers and publishers can send us information through the LoveChain Platform that they use or through other means such as data services and e-mail. These partners provide information about your activities on the LoveChain– including information about your device, websites you visit, purchases you make, the ads you see and how you use their services – whether or not you have a LoveChain account or are logged in to the LoveChain. We also receive information about your online and offline actions and purchases from third-party data providers who have the rights to provide us with your information.
Merchant Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services, or through third parties that they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing us with any data. Learn more about the types of partners we receive data from.
Cookies and other related technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes.
User’s web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them.
As a user you may set up your web browser to block cookies from monitoring your visits to the Platform. You may also remove cookies stored from your computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device. However, if you do block cookies you may not be able to use certain features and functions of the LoveChain Platform.
How does the LoveChain record personal information and data to the blockchain?
The LoveChain records your personal information and data to the blockchain. To understand more on how this works click here.
Can I use the LoveChain without providing my personal information?
Users may, however, visit the LoveChain Platform anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal information and data that identifies them, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Platform related activities.
Why does the LoveChain collect your personal information?
The LoveChain will only collect personal information and data in connection with your use of the LoveChain Platform.
Generally, the purpose for which the LoveChain collects personal information will be apparent from the way in which we collect it, or will be disclosed at the time of collection. If at any time the purpose for which we are collecting your personal information is unclear, please raise your concerns with the person you are dealing with or contact us using the contact details below.
How does the LoveChain use your personal information?
The LoveChain may collect and use your personal information and data for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our Platform as we may need your information to display content on the Platform correctly.
- To improve user service as information you provide helps us respond to your user requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise user experience the LoveChain may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on Platform.
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services and the LoveChain platform generally.
- The LoveChain may use the email address you provide to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- To communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information the LoveChain thinks will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices” below);
- To monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform;
- To assist the LoveChain in developing and providing facilities, products or services (whether made available by us or through us), including but not limited to:
- transactions and clearing or reporting on these transactions;
- carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis; or
- analytics for the purposes of developing or improving our products, services, security, service quality, and advertising strategies;
- communicating with you, including providing you with updates on changes to products, services and banking facilities (whether made available by us or through us) including any additions, expansions, suspensions and replacements of or to such products, services and banking facilities and their terms and conditions;
- managing our infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- addressing or investigating any complaints, claims or disputes;
- verifying your identity for the purposes of providing facilities, products or services;
- complying with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, directives, orders, instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities, including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other authorities;
- enforcing obligations owed to us;
- monitoring products and services provided by or made available through us or our merchant partners;
- financial reporting, regulatory reporting, management reporting, risk management (including monitoring credit exposures), audit and record keeping purposes;
- enabling any actual or proposed assignee or transferee, participant or sub-participant of the LoveChain’s rights or obligations to evaluate any proposed transaction;
- enforcing obligations owed to us; and/or
- seeking professional advice, including legal advice.
Does the LoveChain use your personal information and data for marketing and business development purposes?
If a user has decided to ‘opt-in’ to receive marketing material from the LoveChain, then the LoveChain may use your personal information and data to offer you products or services, including special offers, promotions, contests or entitlements that may be of interest to you or for which you may be eligible. Such marketing messages may be sent to you in various modes including but not limited to electronic messages through your LoveChain account, electronic mail, direct mailers, short message service, telephone calls, facsimile and other mobile messaging services. In doing so, we will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) of Australia (“Privacy Act”), Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) of Australia, Australian Communications and Media Authority Act 2005 (Cth), the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) of Australia, Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore (“PDPA”), the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“EUGDPR”) and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
In respect of sending telemarketing messages to your telephone number via short message service, telephone calls, facsimile and other mobile messaging services, please be assured that we shall only do so if we have your clear and unambiguous consent in writing or other recorded form to do so or if you have not otherwise made the appropriate registration of that number with the Do Not Call Registry (where applicable). If we have an ongoing relationship with you and you have not indicated to us that you do not wish to receive telemarketing messages sent to your telephone number, we may send you telemarketing messages to that number related to the subject of our ongoing relationship via short message service, facsimile and other mobile messaging services (other than a voice or video call).
You may at any time request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes via selected or all modes. This can include selecting “unsubscribe” from receiving emails and other digital notifications from the LoveChain.
To find out more on how you can change the way we use your personal data for marketing purposes, please contact us.
Nothing in this section shall vary or supersede the terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you.
When does the LoveChain disclose your personal information and data?
The LoveChain may from time to time and in compliance withy all applicable laws on data privacy, disclose your personal information to related LoveChain service entities or third party service providers and contractors who assist in our internal business and administrative operations. When the LoveChain engages the services of a third party, we take reasonable steps to ensure they comply with the relevant privacy laws and maintain confidentiality of any personal information to which they have access.
Some examples of how the LoveChain may disclose your personal information and data are:
- With the exception of the initial User Feed on the Platform that the LoveChain will use during the initial community building phase, when you submit a post or comment onto the Platform, visitors to and users of the Platform (if you elect for them to do so) will be able to see the content of your posts and comments, the username associated with your posts or comments, and the date and time you originally submitted the post or comment. Although some parts of the Platform may be private or quarantined, they may become public and you should take that into consideration before posting to onto the Platform.
- When you send private messages or messages via the chat application, the recipients of those messages will be able to see the content of your message, your username, and the date and time the message was sent.
- When other users view your profile, they will be able to see information about your activities on the Platform, such as your username, prior posts and comments.
Please note that, even when you delete your account, the posts, comments and messages you submit through the Platform may still be viewable or available on our servers or on a blockchain. For more information, see “How do I protect and limit my personal information collected?”.
The LoveChain does not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. The LoveChain may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with the LoveChain’s business partners, merchant partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. The LoveChain will only share, sell or give away users’ personal information in the following circumstances:
- Except as it relates to products and services offered by our merchant partners, we may share information with our merchant partners who need access to such information to provide products and services to users of the Platform;
- Except as it relates to advertisers and the LoveChain’s advertising partners, the LoveChain may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for the LoveChain;
- If you participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with the LoveChain, we may share information with entities that partner with the LoveChain to provide these offerings;
- The LoveChain may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- The LoveChain may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it’s necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- The LoveChain may share information between and among the LoveChain, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
The LoveChain may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside of Australia, Singapore and the European Union. In doing so, we will comply with the Privacy Act, the PDPA and the EUGDPR and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
What should I be aware of when visiting the websites of third parties, partners or those of the LoveChain’s merchant partners?
The LoveChain may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Platform and all that the Platform offers. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
Analytics partners: The LoveChain uses analytics partners (such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel) to help analyse usage and traffic on our Platform. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyse and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Platform.
For more information about how you may control the collection and/or use of information for advertising and analytics purposes, please see “How do I protect and limit my personal information collected?”
How do I protect and limit my personal information collected?
As a LoveChain user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information and data.
The LoveChain stores data until it is no longer necessary to provide the services of the LoveChain Platform to you or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on the LoveChain, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is deleted after six months.
Some ways in which you can protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information and data includes:
Account Settings The LoveChain may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
When you delete your account, the LoveChain deletes things that you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won’t be able to recover this information later. Information that others have shared about you isn’t part of your account and won’t be deleted. If you don’t want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the Products, you can deactivate your account instead.
In summary, when you choose to delete something you shared on the LoveChain, we remove it from the Platform. Some of this information is permanently deleted from our servers; however, some things can only be deleted when you permanently delete your account.
To delete your account at any time, please visit the LoveChain settings page.
Account Information You may delete your account information at any time by logging into your account and following the steps under “Settings”.
When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible to other users and disassociated from content you posted under that account. Please note, however, that the posts, comments, and messages you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others, unless you delete such content. Your account information may be retained on our servers or on a blockchain after you delete your account. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
Analytics In the Settings section, you can opt-in to allow the LoveChain to collect anonymised user data to improve our Platform and the services the LoveChain offers through the Platform.
Some analytics providers we may partner with may provide specific opt-out mechanisms and we may provide, as needed and as available, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt- out.
You may also generally opt-out of receiving personalised advertisements from certain third-party advertisers and advertisement networks.
Promotional Communications You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from the LoveChain by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, the LoveChain may still send you non- promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our Platform.
Mobile Notifications With your consent, the LoveChain may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Where does the LoveChain store the personal information collected?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information and data is important to the LoveChain, whether you interact with us personally, through the Platform, by phone, mail, over the internet or any other electronic medium.
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centres and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by the LoveChain or its affiliates.
The LoveChain stores its documents and personal information collected from those sources on:
- secure computer storage facilities;
- on a blockchain;
- paper-based files and other records;
- servers located in jurisdictions such as Australia, Singapore, USA, South Korea and Japan that are managed by either us or third party service providers;
- a single cloud platform operated by third party providers located in jurisdictions such as that stores our emails and manages our email system.
The LoveChain engages IT specialists located in Australia, India and South Korea to provide us with IT services. These IT specialists have remote access to our servers located in Australia, Singapore, USA, South Korea and Japan in which they can access your personal information. In these circumstances personal information or data may be transferred overseas.
For more information on the transfer of your information and data from one country to another, please see “How does the LoveChain handle the transborder and international transfer of personal information and data?”.
The LoveChain may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
How does the LoveChain ensure your personal information is correct?
The LoveChain takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information and data is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist, please update the details in your profile and account on the Platform or contact the LoveChain if any of the details you have provided are incorrect or have changed.
How does the LoveChain keep your personal information secure?
The LoveChain is committed to keeping your personal information and data secure. The LoveChain takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information and data from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While the LoveChain uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure that you provide personal information and data in a secure environment, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. The LoveChain does not accept responsibility of information transmitted to us over the internet.
The LoveChain Platform may contain links or plug-ins to other sites. The LoveChain is not responsible for the content of, the privacy practice or policies of, those sites.
How can you access your personal information?
You have the right to access your personal information and data held by the LoveChain. The LoveChain provides you with the ability to access, rectify, port and delete your data. This can be done by accessing your account on the Platform and updating, rectifying or deleting your data.
The LoveChain stores information and data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services through the LoveChain Platform or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs.
You can also make a request for us to correct any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date personal information.
Similarly, if the LoveChain has collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing the LoveChain conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
The LoveChain responds to all requests it receives from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. For security reasons, a written request may be required to access your information verifying your identity and specifying what information you require.
We may charge a small fee for the retrieval of your information. We are committed to granting you access to your personal information within a reasonable time frame if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. There may be some circumstances where we are not required to give you access to or correct your personal information. There may also be legal reasons for not granting you access. In such circumstances, we will explain those reasons to you.
How does the LoveChain respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
The LoveChain accesses, preserves and shares your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Australia or Singapore when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made through the Platform) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. The LoveChain also retains information from accounts disabled for term breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term breaches.
How does the LoveChain handle the transborder and international transfer of personal information and data?
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (European Economic Area)
How does the LoveChain deal with privacy complaints?
Your privacy is important to the LoveChain and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns. To assist us in helping you, we ask you to follow a simple three-step process.
- Gather all supporting documents about the matter of complaint, think about the questions you want answered and decide on what you want us to do.
- Telephone us on +61 450 552 116, and we will review your situation and if possible, resolve it straight away.
- If you are not satisfied with our response, the LoveChain may require you to submit your complaint in writing by email at [email protected] with your contact details. The LoveChain will then investigate your complaint and endeavor to respond to you in writing within 30 days of receipt of your written complaint.
If at this stage the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can telephone either:
- the Australian Information Commissioner’s hotline on 1300 363 992 or, if calling from outside Australia, +61 2 9284 9749; or
- the Singaporean Personal Data Protection Commission on +65 6377 3131.
Contact us about privacy
Please direct your privacy related questions and feedback to the LoveChain’s CEO on +61 450 552 116 or [email protected].
Further information on privacy
Further information may be obtained on privacy issues in:
- Australia by visiting the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.privacy.gov.au.
- Singapore by visiting the Singaporean Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at https://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
Date last revised: 14 November 2019