The LoveChain Community Standards
The LoveChain is a social media platform utilising blockchain technology created, operated and managed by The LoveChain Pty Ltd ACN 631 780 786 (“LoveChain”). It gives users an immutable platform to record, celebrate and share their love of significant others. The LoveChain builds technologies and services that enable people to connect with each other, build communities and grow businesses. On the LoveChain users will contribute to the creation of a diverse ecosystem which is powered by the LOVR rewards token. These rewards can be exchanged for discounts and goods and services with merchant partners of the platform contributing to the creation of memories that are everlasting.
The LoveChain builds a community around one central concept – “love”. Accordingly, we want the LoveChain to be a safe, friendly and ultimately a loving community. A community in which people can express their love for another person or persons without the fear of being ridiculed, harassed, threatened, bullied, exploited or offended.
The LoveChain is a worldwide community built around love and therefore encompasses a diverse community of cultures, ages and beliefs. At the LoveChain we want to ensure everyone is able to experience and express themselves in a safe, loving and open community. To ensure these values are maintained we have created Community Standards (“Standards”) and we encourage everyone within the LoveChain community to adhere to these Standards so you can help foster, grow, maintain and protect the LoveChain community.
The LoveChain is committed to protecting our community by maintaining these Standards and we hope you are too. These Standards apply worldwide and the consequences for breaching our Standards vary depending on the severity of the breach and a person’s history on the website and platform. For example, we may warn someone for a first breach or could delete certain content, but if they continueto breach our Standards, then the LoveChain may restrict their ability to use the website and platform, or disable or delete their account(s) or other restrictions. The LoveChain may also report you to the applicable law enforcement authorities when we believe that there is a genuine risk of physical harm or a direct threat to public safety.
The LoveChain Standards, which we will continue to develop over time, serve as a guide for how to use and communicate on the LoveChain platform. We encourage everyone within the LoveChain community to adhere to these Standards.
Harmful or dangerous content
Image Content that aims to encourage dangerous or illegal activities that risk serious physical harm or death is not allowed on the LoveChain.
A user is not to post Image Content on the LoveChain that encourage others to do things that might cause them to get badly hurt, especially kids.
Image Content showing such harmful or dangerous acts may get age-restricted or removed depending on their severity.
Below is an example (but not limited to) of Image Content that is deemed harmful or dangerous content and shouldn’t be posted on the LoveChain platform:
- Extremely dangerous challenges: Challenges that pose imminent risk of physical injury.
- Dangerous or threatening pranks: Pranks that lead victims to fear imminent serious physical danger, or that create serious emotional distress in minors.
- Instructions to kill or harm: Showing viewers how to perform activities meant to kill or maim others, such as providing instructions on how to build a bomb meant to injure or kill people.
- Hard drug use or creation: Image Content that depicts people abusing controlled substances such as cocaine or opioids, or content providing instructions on how to create drugs. Hard drugs are defined as drugs that can (mostly) lead to physical addiction.
- Eating Disorders: Image Content in which people suffering from anorexia or other eating disorders are praised for weight loss, are bragging about it, or are encouraging others to imitate the behavior.
- Violent Events: Promoting or glorifying violent tragedies, such as school shootings.
- Instructional theft: Showing users how to steal money or tangible goods.
- Instructional hacking and phishing: Showing users how to bypass secure computer systems or steal user credentials and personal data.
- Promoting dangerous remedies or cures: Image Content which claims that harmful substances or treatments can have health benefits.
Don’t post Image Content showing a minor participating in dangerous activity, or encouraging minors to engage in dangerous activities. Never put minors in harmful situations that may lead to injury, including dangerous stunts, dares, or pranks.
The LoveChain is not a website or platform for pornography or sexually explicit content.
Explicit Image Content meant to be sexually gratifying (like pornography) is not allowed on the LoveChain. Image Content containing fetish content will be removed. In most cases, violent, graphic, or humiliating fetishes are not allowed on the LoveChain.
Sexually explicit Image Content featuring minors and content that sexually exploits minors is not allowed on LoveChain.
Below is an example (but not limited to) of Image Content that is deemed explicit, sexual or pornographic and is not to be posted on the LoveChain platform:
- Depiction of genitals, breasts, or buttocks (clothed or unclothed) for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Pornography depicting sexual acts, genitals, or fetishes for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Masturbation or fondling of genitals, breasts, or buttocks
- Using or displaying sex toys to provide viewers with sexual gratification
- Celebrity wardrobe accidents or nude photo leaks
- Violent, graphic, or humiliating fetish content where the purpose is sexual gratification
- Nudity or partial nudity for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Explicit or implied depiction of sex acts for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Animated sex acts, pornography, or fetish content
- Non-consensual sex acts or unwanted sexualisation
- Bestiality or promotion of bestiality
- Incest or promotion of incest
- Aggregating content for the purpose of sexual gratification
- Any sexual content involving minors
Also, be advised that the LoveChain works closely with law enforcement agencies and we report any form of child exploitation.
The LoveChain is a platform for free expression. However, the LoveChain does not in anyway support Image Content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on:
- race or ethnic origin;
- veteran status, or
- sexual orientation/gender identity, or
- whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics.
This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the Image Content crosses the line.
In the event any Image Content posted on the LoveChain platform promotes violence or hatred against individuals or groups based on any of the above, then LoveChain will remove such Image Content.
Violent or graphic content
It is not suitable to post violent or gory Image Content on the LoveChain platform that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational, or gratuitous. If posting graphic Image Content in a news or documentary context, please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand what’s going on in the video. Don’t encourage others to commit specific acts of violence.
Don’t post Image Content on the LoveChain if it fits any of the below descriptions:
- Inciting others to commit violent acts against individuals or a defined group of people
- Fights involving minors
- Footage, audio, or imagery involving road accidents, natural disasters, war aftermath, terrorist attack aftermath, street fights, physical attacks, sexual assaults, immolation, torture, corpses, protests or riots, robberies, medical procedures, or other such scenarios with the intent to shock or disgust viewers
- Footage or imagery showing bodily fluids, such as blood or vomit, with the intent to shock or disgust viewers.
- Content where there is infliction of unnecessary suffering or harm deliberately causing an animal distress.
- Content where animals are encouraged or coerced to fight by humans.
- Dramatized or fictional footage of anything listed above where the viewer is not provided with enough context to determine that the footage is dramatized or fictional.
The LoveChain may apply an age-restriction rather than remove content if that content includes any of the above, but provides enough context to understand it.
The LoveChain considers the following factors (but not limited to) when determining whether to age-restrict or remove Image Content:
- Whether violent or gory imagery is the focal point of the video
- Whether the title, description, tags, or other data indicate an intent to shock or disgust viewers
- Whether violent imagery or audio has been blurred, masked, or obscured
- The amount of time the violent images or audio is in the content
- If there’s context letting viewers know that the imagery is dramatized or fictional, such as by stating so in the video, title, or description
- If the violence is part of a religious or cultural practice and the viewer is provided with that context
Here are some examples of Image Content that is not allowed on the LoveChain:
- Encouraging others to go to a particular place to commit violence, to perform violence at a particular time, or to target individuals or groups with violence
- Actual schoolyard fights between minors. We may allow content if minors are only play fighting and that is evident to viewers.
- Beatings or brawls outside the context of professional or professionally supervised sporting events.
Harassment & Cyberbullying
It is not suitable to post abusive videos and comments on the LoveChain. If harassment crosses the line into a malicious attack it can be reported and may be removed.
Image Content or behavior intended to maliciously harass, threaten, or bully others is not allowed on the LoveChain.
Don’t post Image Content on the LoveChain if it fits any of the descriptions noted below:
- Revealing someone’s personal information, such as their address, private email addresses, private phone numbers, passport number, or bank account information for the express purpose of directing abusive attention or traffic toward them. Note: This does not include posting widely available public information, such as a public official’s office phone number
- Content that is deliberately posted in order to humiliate someone
- Content that makes hurtful and negative personal comments/videos about another person
- Content that incites others to harass or threaten individuals on or off LoveChain
- Content featuring non-consensual sex acts or unwanted sexualization
- Content threatening specific individuals with physical harm or destruction of property
- Content featuring abusive or threatening behavior directed at a minor
- Sexualizing or degrading an individual who is engaged or present in an otherwise non-sexual context
- Content claiming that specific victims of public violent incidents or their next of kin are actors, or that their experiences are false
- Threatening someone’s physical safety.
Spam, misleading metadata and scams
The LoveChain doesn’t allow spam, scams, or other deceptive practices that take advantage of LoveChain users. The LoveChain also does not allow Image Content where the main purpose is to trick others into leaving the LoveChain for another site.
Don’t post Image Content on the LoveChain if it fits any of the descriptions noted below.
Video Spam: Content that is excessively posted, repetitive, or untargeted and does one or more of the following:
- Promises viewers they’ll see something but instead directs them off site.
- Gets clicks, views, or traffic off LoveChain by promising viewers that they’ll make money fast.
- Sends audiences to sites that spread malware, try to gather personal information, or other sites that have a negative impact.
Misleading Metadata or Thumbnails: Using the title, thumbnails, description, or tags to trick users into believing the content is something it is not.
Scams: Content offering cash gifts, “get rich quick” schemes, or pyramid schemes (sending money without a tangible product in a pyramid structure).
Voter Suppression: Content aiming to mislead voters about the time, place, means or eligibility requirements for voting.
Incentivization Spam: Content that sells engagement metrics such as views, likes, comments, or any other metric on the LoveChain. This also includes content where the only purpose is to boost subscribers, views, or other metrics.
Comments Spam: Comments where the sole purpose is to gather personal information from viewers, misleadingly drive viewers off the LoveChain, or perform any of the prohibited behaviors noted above.
Repetitive comments: Leaving large amounts of identical, untargeted or repetitive comments.
The LoveChain does not allow the posting of Image Content that threatens another person.
Further, the LoveChain does not allow users committing the following type of actions:
- predatory behavior,
- invading privacy,
The LoveChain takes the committing of any of the above actions very seriously. Any user caught doing any of the above things may be permanently banned from the LoveChain.
A user must only upload videos that it produces or it is authorized to use. This means a user is not to upload videos that they didn’t make, or use content in a video that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. For further information on copyright visit the LoveChain’s Terms of Service – Image Content or Copyright Notices.
Content intended to impersonate a person is not allowed on the LoveChain.
Image Content that endangers the emotional or physical well-being of minors is not allowed on the LoveChain. A minor is defined as a person under the legal age of majority; usually anyone younger than 18 years old in most countries.
Don’t post Image Content on the LoveChain if it fits any of the descriptions below.
- Sexualisation of minors: Sexually explicit content featuring minors and content that sexually exploits minors.
- Harmful or dangerous acts involving minors: Content showing a minor participating in dangerous activity, or encouraging minors to engage in dangerous activities. Never put minors in harmful situations that may lead to injury, including dangerous stunts, dares, or pranks.
- Infliction of emotional distress on minors: Content that could cause minor participants or viewers emotional distress, such as exposing minors to mature themes, simulating parental abuse, coercing minors, or violence.
- Misleading family content: Content that targets young minors and families, but contains sexual themes, violence, obscene, or other mature themes not suitable for young audiences. This includes family friendly cartoons that target young minors and contain adult or age-inappropriate themes such as violence, sex, death, drugs etc. Make sure your titles, descriptions, and tags match the audience you are targeting. You can also age restrict your content upon upload if it’s intended for mature audiences.
- Cyberbullying and harassment involving minors: Content that targets individuals for abuse or humiliation; reveals personal information, such as email addresses or bank account numbers; records someone without their consent; sexually harass; or encourages others to bullying or harassment.
If you see content that violates this policy, please report it. If you believe that a child is in danger, you should reach out to your local law enforcement agency to report the situation immediately. The LoveChain will also report to law enforcement agencies any content that contains any form of child abuse (sexual or otherwise) imagery.
Keep the LoveChain community strong and report any breach of our Standards
- Each of us is an important part of the LoveChain community. If you see something that you think may breach the LoveChain Standards, please help us by reporting it. The LoveChain team will review any report of breach of the LoveChain Standards as quickly as possible. We will remove Image Content that doesn’t meet the LoveChain Standards. Even if you or someone you know doesn’t have a LoveChain account, you can still report the breach. When you report a breach, please try and provide as much information as possible, such as links, usernames, and descriptions of the Image Content, so we can find and review it quickly. The LoveChain reserves the right to remove entire posts if either the imagery or associated captions violate the LoveChain Standards.
- You may find Image Content you don’t like, but doesn’t violate the LoveChain Standards. If that happens, you can unfollow or block the person who posted it. If there’s something you don’t like in a comment on something you posted, then you can delete that comment.
- Many disputes and misunderstandings can be resolved directly between members of the community. If one of your photos, videos, images or trademark was posted by someone else, you could try commenting on the post and asking the person to take it down. If that doesn’t work, you can file a Copyright Infringement Notice. Don’t target the person who posted it by posting screenshots and drawing attention to the situation because that may be classified as harassment.
- The LoveChain may work with law enforcement authorities, including when the LoveChain believes that there’s risk of physical harm or threat to public safety.
What happens if you breach any of the LoveChain’s Community Standards?
If any of your Image Content breaches these Standards, we will remove the Image Content and send you an email to let you know. If this is the first time you’ve posted Image Content that violates the LoveChain Standards, you’ll get a warning with no record of breach against your account. If it’s not, we’ll issue a breach against your account. Your account will be deleted from the LoveChain if you receive 3 strikes.